Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Index -> Rebuild" gets ignored unless I delete the [Subprojects] folder from project t
"Index -> Rebuild" gets ignored unless I delete the [Subprojects] folder from project t [message #1843172] Sun, 18 July 2021 23:41
Hans Zimmer is currently offline Hans ZimmerFriend
I'm a Mechanical Engineering student, so not that much of a programmer. I'm trying to get into the deal.II finite element libary. When creating the Eclipse project with cmake as instructed in https://github.com/dealii/dealii/wiki/Eclipse, rebuilding the index (right click on project -> Index -> Rebuild) will not work unless I delete the [Subprojects] folder from the project tree. Found this out by accident but as far as I can tell it is completely reproduceable (will not happen with any other folders).

Any idea what could be the reason for this? I mean, I CAN get it to work just by deleting that folder, but I'd like to understand why that's happening and if there's anything I can do.

Screenshot is attached, in case there's any useful information in there.

Edit: Added a comparison of the project tree before and after deleting [Subprojects]. Interestingly, a folder "build" appears out of nowhere. It contains nothing but an empty folder named "default".

[Updated on: Mon, 19 July 2021 02:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to display a custom tooltip on mouse hover over a line of code in C/C++ perspective?
Next Topic:GDB under High Sierra - no joy!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 20:08:21 GMT 2024