Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Stereotype Redefines Error
Stereotype Redefines Error [message #1843063] Tue, 13 July 2021 22:01 Go to next message
Danielle Winecoff is currently offline Danielle WinecoffFriend
Hi all,
I'm new to Papyrus and UML, and I'm trying to get a stereotype to redefine an attribute value from another attribute. I was trying to follow the logic of this photo, but I get two errors:
index.php/fa/40751/0/
index.php/fa/40752/0/
1. "<Property> Identifier: String" should have a unique name.
2. A Property with an invalid text string found
I haven't been able to find any information on general notations for Papyrus either so this has been a bit difficult.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Re: Stereotype Redefines Error [message #1843069 is a reply to message #1843063] Wed, 14 July 2021 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

It would seem likely that you have typed something unwise, but unfortunately you have not shared your models (*.uml, *.di) with us. Rather a snippet that cuts off an important "try replacing with" message. This makes it very difficult to distinguish between "/" and "{" characters that yu may have typed and those that may be diagram rendering. The mismatching double quotes makes this look like an bad input problem.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Stereotype Redefines Error [message #1843149 is a reply to message #1843069] Fri, 16 July 2021 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi yes I did not share the full model on purpose
the try replacing message was a comment I left on my model myself and not something from the system
Re: Stereotype Redefines Error [message #1843150 is a reply to message #1843149] Fri, 16 July 2021 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mismatch quotes have already been fixed, but it doe not fix the problem I am having
Re: Stereotype Redefines Error [message #1843155 is a reply to message #1843150] Fri, 16 July 2021 16:45 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Danielle,

just three remarks:

The Property Identifier of the Stereotype Requirement is not marked in the diagram. But a warning is shown at the Property Description of the same Stereotype. Consequently the Property Identifier of the Stereotype Requirement does not trigger the message: ""<Property> Identifier : String" should have a unique name."

I wonder why you do not get the warning: "An element imported as a metaclass reference must not be specialized in profile '<profile_name>'."
The Generalization should be replaced by an Extension (please refer to UML 2.5.1 specification, chapter 12.4.7.5, clause 1)

A <<Primitive>> String is already defined within the UML Primitive types model imported by default.

/Carsten

PS I can't spot any other issue with the information you provide

[Updated on: Fri, 16 July 2021 17:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:No Papyrus Plugin works anymore
Next Topic:How can an Interaction be resized?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:58:14 GMT 2024