Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How can an Interaction be resized?
How can an Interaction be resized? [message #1842977] Thu, 08 July 2021 12:14 Go to next message
Yoann Farré is currently offline Yoann FarréFriend
Hello,

An Interaction in a sequence diagram cannot be resized manually. It grows when the sequence is complete with elements and reduced when elements are removed. But the minimal size of an Interaction cannot be set.

It is not really an issue in the modeler but when using Model2Doc and generating documents, I would sometimes limit the blank areas in the diagrams.

Is there a way to resize an Interaction? To set a minimum size? I tried with different menus and preferences but not yet with CSS, is it possible?

Thank you.
Regards.
Yoann.
Re: How can an Interaction be resized? [message #1842994 is a reply to message #1842977] Fri, 09 July 2021 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Yoann,

is this a real problem?

I tested it: A sequence with 2 lifelines and 5 messages fully occupies the minimum size of the interaction.
How frequent are even less complex sequences?

/Carsten

PS Model2Doc, is there any suitable documentation?
PPS A happy GenDoc user :-)
Re: How can an Interaction be resized? [message #1842995 is a reply to message #1842994] Fri, 09 July 2021 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Carsten,

In the use cases I have to treat, it can occur frequently. And consequently, it can be a real problem. If I generate a document of 100 pages and half of them are empty parts of diagrams, it can quickly be an optimization point for the final resulting document.
I'm curious to know how GenDoc manages these cases. If the diagram is fully copied, it should be the same result, isn't it?

Yoann.
Re: How can an Interaction be resized? [message #1842997 is a reply to message #1842995] Fri, 09 July 2021 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Yoann,

it is the same with GenDoc as it also takes the diagram image from the Eclipse Graphical Modeling Framework.

/Carsten
Re: How can an Interaction be resized? [message #1843097 is a reply to message #1842997] Thu, 15 July 2021 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Deville is currently offline Pauline DevilleFriend
Hello,

This is a known bug [1]. We have a patch [2] for this, bug the stability of this patch is not proof. I you want you can test it, don't hesitate to give us feedback after testing.

Best regards,
Pauline

1 ) https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=571302
2 ) https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus/+/176472
Re: How can an Interaction be resized? [message #1843184 is a reply to message #1843097] Mon, 19 July 2021 12:35 Go to previous message
Hello Pauline,
Thank you for the reply. I'll test it and give you some feedback on it.
Regards.
Yoann.
Previous Topic:Stereotype Redefines Error
Next Topic:New lines not synchronizing from CDT to diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:22:42 GMT 2024