Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » UML to XML
UML to XML [message #1842943] Wed, 07 July 2021 08:21 Go to next message
Danish Ghaffar is currently offline Danish GhaffarFriend
Is it possible to get export from Papyrus into XML format?
If possible then how can we do it.
If direct XML export is not possible then, Is there a way to convert UML format into XML format?

Thanks in advance.
Re: UML to XML [message #1842952 is a reply to message #1842943] Wed, 07 July 2021 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Papyrus uses XML Metadata Interchange (https://www.omg.org/spec/XMI/2.5.1/About-XMI/) as default file format for UML models. XMI includes an XML Schema (https://www.w3.org/XML/Schema).
Consequently, yes it is possible. You do not even require an explicit export. You just have to read the .uml-files.
/pica

[Updated on: Wed, 07 July 2021 15:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: UML to XML [message #1843050 is a reply to message #1842952] Tue, 13 July 2021 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish Ghaffar is currently offline Danish GhaffarFriend
Hi Carsten Pitz,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have built some model in Papyrus and now I want to import it in another tool which only supports XML format. But export from Papyrus is UML format so please guide me how I can get export from Papyrus in Xml fromat.
Re: UML to XML [message #1843053 is a reply to message #1843050] Tue, 13 July 2021 11:37 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
HI

UML is a form of XML. Just the same as French is a form of human language. If it helps with tooling change the file extension from *.uml to *.xml.

What you probably meant to ask was how do you convert Papyrus's Eclipse UML 2.5 format XML file to the variant of UML used by your tool. Not knowing what your tool requires, it is hard to tell, but Eclipse UML is sufficiently common that many tools provide an import capability.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Issues with default and copy constructor when CDT editor opened
Next Topic:JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 12:08:56 GMT 2024