Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Unable to generate resolutions for marker(I have implemented IMarkerResolutionGenerator, IMarkerResolution and added extension points as well. Still does not work properly.)
Unable to generate resolutions for marker [message #1842202] Fri, 11 June 2021 15:05 Go to next message
Anurag Singh Bhadauria is currently offline Anurag Singh BhadauriaFriend
I have implemented following classes :
1. MyResolutionGenerator implements IMarkerResolutionGenerator
2. MyMarkerResolution implements IMarkerResolution

In plugin.xml :

<extension
point="org.eclipse.core.resources.markers"
id="com.example.abc.xyz.mymarker">
<persistent value="false"/>
</extension>

<extension
point="org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution"
class="com.example.abc.xyz.MyMarkerResolution">
<markerResolutionGenerator
class="com.example.abc.xyz.MyResolutionGenerator"
markerType="com.example.abc.xyz.mymarker" >
</markerResolutionGenerator>
</extension>

Also, I have created markers as following :
IMarker marker = file.createMarker(IMarker.PROBLEM);

Can someone please explain me what all these values mean ? I am really confused between - id, name, class, markerType .
I simple want that for my marker, the quickfixes are shown which I am generating in MyResolutionGenerator
Re: Unable to generate resolutions for marker [message #1844844 is a reply to message #1842202] Tue, 28 September 2021 00:37 Go to previous message
Daomephsta - is currently offline Daomephsta -Friend
The id of an extension is used to refer to it in code. If you don't need that, id can be left out.
name is a human readable display name in most cases. The Externalize Strings Wizard under Exporting on the Overview page of plugin.xml replaces the values of these with language keys.
class is the fully qualified name of the Java class that implements the extension point's interface. See the description for an extension point to find the right interface. If Eclipse won't show those to you, you need to install some more bundles into your IDE. Unfortunately I can't help with which, you'll need to search the Internet.
markerType is the identifier of a category of marker, it's usually very generic. Eclipse defines Java constants for the types of the standard markers in org.eclipse.core.resources.IMarker.
Previous Topic:Can't type quotation marks with Mac international keyboard layout
Next Topic:Publishing update site with Eclipse Tycho
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:29:35 GMT 2024