Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Sample projects
Sample projects [message #1842188] Fri, 11 June 2021 06:47 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi!

I'm currently writing my undergraduate thesis on timing of event traces.

I have some code which is writing the data and to csv so that I can process it more, afterwords.

To better test this out, I was wondering if there are any open-source sample projects?
They don't have to be huge, it would just be nice to have something closer to reality than just lining up random FBs.

Many thanks in advance,

Philipp
Re: Sample projects [message #1842451 is a reply to message #1842188] Sun, 20 June 2021 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barry Dowdeswell is currently offline Barry DowdeswellFriend
Hi Philipp,

It's great to hear about your undergraduate thesis. I have a number of function block applications that were created for my doctoral research.

The attached screen-shot is of a small Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Room Controller. It exists as an application that runs stand-alone inside 4diac and also as a version that is cross-compiled to run on a Raspberry Pi 4.

If this looks like the sort of application you are looking for, I can give you access to the application via GitHub. It may need a bit of work to get it up-and-running on your system but I am happy to help.

Regards,
Barry
Re: Sample projects [message #1842483 is a reply to message #1842451] Mon, 21 June 2021 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Berry.

thanks for your reply!

If you could give me me access to your GitHub repo that would be great!

Many thanks
Philipp
Re: Sample projects [message #1842503 is a reply to message #1842483] Mon, 21 June 2021 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's great Philipp,
I will do a quick tidy-up on the HVAC controller tomorrow and update it to the latest version for you. I will also provide you with links via GitHub to our simbIoTe simulator that provides the HVAC with all its sensor readings. It is in Java so it is very easy to setup and run.

I will message you here as soon as I post the latest version on Github.
Regards,
Barr
Re: Sample projects [message #1842523 is a reply to message #1842503] Tue, 22 June 2021 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Re: Sample projects [message #1842524 is a reply to message #1842523] Tue, 22 June 2021 08:47 Go to previous message
Hi Philipp,

Please take a look at the two public repositories on my Github badger-dowdeswell. The first one to look at is the Java room simulator called simbIoTe. This is a general-purpose environmental simulator that has been configured to emulate a room with an HMI control panel and a temperature sensor. All the source code is provided in Java. I have it running on Linux, but it should run just fine on macOS or Windows.

The second application to download is a 4diac project called HVACsim. This should contain a complete function block application you can load into 4diac. Again, I built it on Linux so the CMakeFiles may need to be re-configured for your setup. The exported C++ custom function blocks are included under the ExportedFBs folder in the subfolder HVACsim.

Once you have taken a look at the code, please contact me at my laboratory at the Auckland University of Technology. My email address barry.dowdeswell@aut.ac.nz. I have additional documentation and screen-shots I can share with you that may help. My PhD research also relates to timing of function blocks, so it would be good to share ideas about what you have been working on.

I would also be happy to arrange a Zoom session with you to show you it running on my machine here in New Zealand if that would help to get you up-and-running more quickly.

Kind regards,
Barry
Previous Topic:question about opc_ua -- how can i get client_0_1 and client_1_0 FBs
Next Topic:DATA_TYPE_ERROR in remote OPC UA server example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:15:44 GMT 2024