Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Maximum amount of sheets allowable by epsilon
Maximum amount of sheets allowable by epsilon [message #1842171] Thu, 10 June 2021 18:07 Go to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Hi,

I am currently trying to write an EOL script to import and manipulate an excel spreadsheet. I was going through the example here: https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/excel/

When I ran into the issue that whenever I have more than 4 sheets I am no longer able to read anything from my spreadsheet into epsilon. Is this a known issue or am I missing something? I checked to make sure that I have the latest version of Epsilon from the update site since there seems to be a bug in version 2.2. I have the latest version but still not sure what might be causing this issue or how to fix it.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 June 2021 18:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maximum amount of sheets allowable by epsilon [message #1842174 is a reply to message #1842171] Thu, 10 June 2021 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Thomas,

Could you please share a minimal example [1] I can use to reproduce this?

Best,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: Maximum amount of sheets allowable by epsilon [message #1842175 is a reply to message #1842174] Thu, 10 June 2021 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Hi Dimitris,

I kept playing around with the sheets and figured out that when I have a sheet that has embedded visio drawings it completely prevents epsilon from being able to read any of the sheet from my excel file. Sorry, not an issue with the number of sheets but rather the order I was putting them in and deleting them to isolate what the problem was.

The command used to embed the figures is
=EMBED("Visio.Drawing.6","")

I think for now I can get by without needing to include that sheet.

Re: Maximum amount of sheets allowable by epsilon [message #1842186 is a reply to message #1842175] Fri, 11 June 2021 06:05 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Thomas,

OK - it's good to know that the issue was unrelated to the number of worksheets.

Best,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Epsilon Workflow Casting Issue
Next Topic:Accessing Model Repository Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:10:53 GMT 2024