Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » loader constraint violation when launching an EMF compare comparison(and proper tools for model comparison.)
loader constraint violation when launching an EMF compare comparison [message #1842015] Mon, 07 June 2021 09:47 Go to next message
houda houda is currently offline houda houdaFriend
Hello,
I have a couple of questions to deal with "EMF compare" and "model to model comparison" in general.

I am trying to achieve a comparison between two xmi models, which are different from each other (i) the first is an output model which is the result of a transformation that I run on an instance of an input meta-model, (ii) the second is an instance (conformant to the output meta-model), which I created to represent what the correct output form should be after the transformation (aka, an oracle model).

I tried using 'EMF compare' to achieve a comparison between multiple different output models (which I got after running my transformation on multiple different input models) and the oracle, 'correct' model, with the aim of validating my proposed transformation.

However, whenever I try to run the "compare with -> each other" I get the following error message and no result :

An internal error occurred during: "Computing Model Differences".
loader constraint violation: loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @477ad3b6 wants to load interface com.google.common.collect.Multimap. A different interface with the same name was previously loaded by org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @3a161902. (com.google.common.collect.Multimap is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @3a161902, parent loader 'platform')

I tried to delete <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi and restart my workspace. However, the problem sustained.

My questions are:

(i)Based on my description, is using EMF compare appropriate for my requirements? as explained above, I need to compare each output model with the same oracle model and get a score or something to decide if the transformation gave the correct output or not.
(ii) If yes, what is causing this problem and how can I fix it?
(iii) if no, what is a proper tool or plugin to use to achieve what I need?

An additional question, which might be a little out of the scope of the question is:
(iv) I have seen works that compare the output models with an oracle and classify those results into a hyperspace and hyperlanes (false positive, false negative, etc), and based on that they would assess the correctness of their proposed transformation. However, I could not find proper documentation on how to achieve that by myself (in an academic experiment manner). Could anyone provide me with directions or documentation on how to make a proper comparison and get an assessment of my transformation validity?

Thank you in advance.
Regards.
Re: loader constraint violation when launching an EMF compare comparison [message #1842238 is a reply to message #1842015] Mon, 14 June 2021 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hello,

What you're getting here is an issue with multiple different versions of google Guava installed in the same eclipse instance. I don't know which two products you've installed that depend on different versions, but you will have to make sure only one Guava version is present in your eclipse (by uninstalling the offending ones).

Which EMF Compare version are you using in this eclipse? This will allow me to tell you the range of guava versions supported by that EMF Compare.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: loader constraint violation when launching an EMF compare comparison [message #1842244 is a reply to message #1842238] Mon, 14 June 2021 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Laurent.
Thanks for the reply.

I have EMF Compare 3.3.13 with Eclipse Modeling Tools Version: 2020-12 (4.18.0). However, checking my eclipse installation details I don't seem to find any installed Guava plug-in that is already installed?

Re: loader constraint violation when launching an EMF compare comparison [message #1842322 is a reply to message #1842244] Wed, 16 June 2021 13:05 Go to previous message
Hello

I just discovered the following "com.google.guava plug-ins" in my eclipse installation details (see the screenshot below).
I am not sure if they are the ones causing the error, but I tried to uninstall them without success because there is no uninstall button in the plug-in tab.
I searched in the "installed software" tab but there is no trace of eclipse Orbit, or guava at all. The same thing applied for the plugin directory on my laptop as I tried to remove the guava plug-in manually but could not find it.

How can I uninstall guava? and which one of these versions I am supposed to remove based on my EMF compare version ( EMF Compare 3.3.13 with Eclipse Modeling Tools Version: 2020-12 (4.18.0)).
Thank you.

index.php/fa/40636/0/
  • Attachment: plugin.png
    (Size: 23.56KB, Downloaded 1435 times)
Previous Topic:Overriding the Model Resolver: impossible?
Next Topic:git logicalmerge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:06:57 GMT 2024