Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Obtaining the order of operations of a sequence diagram via Java API (UML2-Papyrus)(Navigate Papyrus model and get detailed information via API)
Obtaining the order of operations of a sequence diagram via Java API (UML2-Papyrus) [message #1841847] Tue, 01 June 2021 08:01 Go to next message
Pietro Biondi is currently offline Pietro BiondiFriend
Hi,
I'm developing a software that takes as input a Papyrus model and through the Java UML2 API I navigate the model.

Specifically, I'm working on a sequence diagram and I would like to know if there is a way to get through the API the order of the executed operations as I see them in the sequence diagram.
Unfortunately, the API outputs the order of the operations as they were entered and not as they are represented in the diagram.

In addition, I tried to migrate to a communication diagram as I was looking for a way to have indices at the beginning of the message (e.g. 1.doX , 2.doY, 3.doZ) but I notice that if I delete message two (2.doY), message 3 does not change index automatically, which makes renaming difficult if there are many messages in one diagram.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!
Re: Obtaining the order of operations of a sequence diagram via Java API (UML2-Papyrus) [message #1842221 is a reply to message #1841847] Sat, 12 June 2021 10:51 Go to previous message
pere joseph rodríguez is currently offline pere joseph rodríguezFriend
I would use OCL for that.
You could use the OCL console to test the queries.
Maybe its not the best performance solution bit makes it easier, imho.
Previous Topic:UML Profil
Next Topic:Open diagram from a launcher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:09:37 GMT 2024