Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Container Drop Relation based edges
Container Drop Relation based edges [message #1841838] Mon, 31 May 2021 21:37 Go to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Hi,

Is there a way to drop a relation based edges into unsynchronized models? If I have two nodes already in the model how can I drop the relation based edge that connects them?
Re: Container Drop Relation based edges [message #1842158 is a reply to message #1841838] Thu, 10 June 2021 15:42 Go to previous message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Thomas,

I see several options:

• your relation based edge mapping is unsynchronized : you might create an edge tool, a one clic tool or a drop tool and then in the operation use the CreateEdgeView operation in your tool definition (and if need set the relation in the model)
  • your relation based edge mapping is synchronized, you might create any tool, menu, drop tool , which could set the relation, the next refresh will create the edge view (it could by as a reaction of your tool if the automatic refresh is enabled for your project or if the forceRefresh option is set on your tool).

I have a doubt though for the "drop" of an element on another element, as GMF will interprete that as a move + attempt to put the element on the other one. If the model operation does nothing around the model dnd, you might have the edge created + a layout change.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:One diagram representation for many objets
Next Topic:Creating a table editor in Sirius
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:14:44 GMT 2024