Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Elements expanding but not shrinking
Elements expanding but not shrinking [message #1841654] Mon, 24 May 2021 19:23 Go to next message
Jonathan Menzies is currently offline Jonathan MenziesFriend
Hi there,

We've been trying to use the size computation expression to expand and contract a node dependent on some conditions specified by an internal service. This work all well and good when we want to increase the size however it doesn't work at all when we want to decrease it.

The values get set but the element stays the same size as it was even after refreshing.

Is there something special we have to do to allow this ?
Re: Elements expanding but not shrinking [message #1841681 is a reply to message #1841654] Tue, 25 May 2021 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

How do you change the value used by your service?
I tested by creating a quick sample where the size of a container (EPackage) depend on the number of contained elements (EClass) and the size followed the addition/deletion of contained elements. Maybe the way you change the value does not trigger a refresh of the diagram. After triggering a decrease , if you close the diagramn and reopen it, does it have the expected size?

I attached the sample in case this can help.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Elements expanding but not shrinking [message #1842852 is a reply to message #1841681] Fri, 02 July 2021 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay in replying. I've been really busy with other things.

In our service we use a preference to store the value and then the service just checks the preference. I've checked it and it does get the right value every time. I investigated your example and I've realized that it seems to be the workspace image style that is not working. We use the workspace image style with a svg of the image we want to paint the background of the node with. It seems that despite changing the size this style won't let us size down the node regardless of what we do.

When I tried using just a custom style resizing via the service worked correctly. Now I need to figure out how to apply an image to a custom style and there possibly needs to be a bug raised with the workspace image style.

Thanks
Jonathan
Re: Elements expanding but not shrinking [message #1843056 is a reply to message #1842852] Tue, 13 July 2021 16:10 Go to previous message
Hi,

Sorry to bother you, just following up to see if you have an answer to the question above.

Cheers
Jonathan
Previous Topic:Issue to install Sirius 6.5 on Eclipse 2021-06-R
Next Topic:Creating sub-node problem.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 12:06:50 GMT 2024