Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » breakpoints not working from IDE
breakpoints not working from IDE [message #1841472] Tue, 18 May 2021 09:04 Go to next message
Luca Tavanti is currently offline Luca TavantiFriend
Hi everyone,

Since a few days I'm facing a problem with breakpoints that I am not able to solve.

I'm using Eclipse IDE for Embedded C/C++ Developers, Version: 2021-03 (4.19.0), on a Debian 10 installation.
I've successfully built and loaded a hello world program for an ARM device.
Debugging is based on OpenOCD and GDB.

The problem is that any operation on breakpoints I make via the IDE does not seem to be "sent" to gdb. Breakpoints appear as blue dots in the editor (with no check mark) and in the Breakpoint view, but gdb seems to know nothing of that. It looks like the "commands" are not even issued to gdb. Indeed, looking at the gdb traces console, no command appears when e.g. setting a breakpoint on the editor.
However, if I set the breakpoints via the Debugger Console, they works (and I can see the command in the gdb traces console). And, if I run, the program indeed stops at the breakpoints and Eclipse can show all the various info and can step to next instructions.

Debugging via the command line works fine too.

So the problem seems confined to the communication between Eclipse IDE (editor?) and gdb about the breakpoints, but I wasn't able to go further than that.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Luca
Re: breakpoints not working from IDE [message #1843521 is a reply to message #1841472] Tue, 03 August 2021 20:49 Go to previous message
Alan Rouse is currently offline Alan RouseFriend
I'm having the same problem. It has only started happening in the last week or so. Before that all breakpoints worked correctly. Now they don't work at the beginning of main() but do work within a never-ending loop further into the program. This implies that there may be a time delay activating.
Previous Topic:How to keep static polymorphic objects in vector?
Next Topic:incorrect worck eclipse ide c++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 19:37:34 GMT 2024