Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » I can't find deployment in perspectice(I can't find deployment in perspectice)
I can't find deployment in perspectice [message #1841364] Thu, 13 May 2021 07:11 Go to next message
zhicheng han is currently offline zhicheng hanFriend
can any one help me?
this is the picture
  • Attachment: 111.png
    (Size: 12.65KB, Downloaded 93 times)
Re: I can't find deployment in perspectice [message #1841381 is a reply to message #1841364] Thu, 13 May 2021 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

the deployment perspective was removed with 4diac IDE 1.13.0. You can deploy either with the run menu or with the context menu. In both cases the deployment depends on your selection. i.e.,
- system configuration: all devices and resources
- device: full device
- resource: only the resource

If more elements are selected all the selected elements following the rules above. The deployment console is with 4diac IDE 1.14.0 shown in the bottom area (same area where the property sheets are shown).

For starting simulated devices for testing a dedicated simulated device manager was introduced. This manager is not perfect yet but should in the end better seperate the tasks of IEC 61499 application and type development and testing on simulated devices.

Re: I can't find deployment in perspectice [message #1850384 is a reply to message #1841364] Mon, 28 February 2022 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sentekin Can is currently offline Sentekin CanFriend

I am just a beginner in 4diac, however I know for sure that, when you are an advanced user/builder you easily skip many useful details of instructions without will.
There was a step by step instructions in deployment area of Tutorial where 8 numbers were referenced to parts of a screen picture. That was the best multifunctional instruction in the tutorial and unfortunately was removed .
In writing of a tutorial, the constructive criticism of the beginners could be very critical input to completion.

Re: I can't find deployment in perspectice [message #1850404 is a reply to message #1850384] Tue, 01 March 2022 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks a lot for your feedback. This is very valueable for us. Please keep in mind that we have very little resources in the Eclipse 4diac project. However we are very open for any support. I would be very happy if you could support us in improving our documentation.
Re: I can't find deployment in perspectice [message #1850503 is a reply to message #1850404] Mon, 07 March 2022 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sentekin Can is currently offline Sentekin CanFriend
Dear Prof. Alois,
I certainly understand the resource restrictions and greatly appreciate your contributions. Your work is very important for the future of the Industrial Process Controls. At present time the IioT platform advocating millions and billions of sensor nodes and they have a lot of vendors in their bandwagon. However, in almost all modern factories, we have PLC's and DCS's and they are doing great job. 4diac is the most suitable platform for the existing infrastructure while implementing the most attractive futures of the IioT such as MQTT and OPC UA.
I can start to list the areas where a 4diac beginner may be confused working with the current tutorial, so, someone more advanced than I am in 4diac may update tutorials. Also with a extensive experience in Industrial Controls, I will be more than happy to help with field questions if any.
Best regards.
Re: I can't find deployment in perspectice [message #1850718 is a reply to message #1850503] Tue, 15 March 2022 10:37 Go to previous message

Thanks for your understanding and support. The documentation is part of the 4diac IDE repository. You can easily clone that and you will find in the directory org.eclipse.4diac.ide/plugins/org.eclipse.fordiac.ide/html all our documentation in simple html format.
Previous Topic:IEC61850 MMS server
Next Topic:Custom data types - 4Diac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:56:23 GMT 2024