Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Get value from chart + count in Data Cube(Get value from chart in report to use in it in other place of report)
Get value from chart + count in Data Cube [message #1841162] Wed, 05 May 2021 11:09
Jochem Mark is currently offline Jochem MarkFriend
Dear all,

I'm creating an dashboard with BIRT for a Building Management System. A manufacture implemented this feature within their software so clients can create their own reports.

So far the possibilities are great, which before (with the standard included software) were limited.

I have a question regarding the value from a chart.

I would like to have a text based overview at the top of the rapport which is a summary of the charts (see image BIRT_chart).
index.php/fa/40463/0/
So a chart has been created with Data Cubes and works fine. But the value that is being represted in this chart, i would like to use in the rapport as an exxpresion. For example :
Value <60 ; "good" Value > 100 "attention needed;"
The chart has Element ID X, so I thought I could use this somewhere else to get the value.
index.php/fa/40464/0/

For example reportContext.getDesignHandle().getElementByID(X);org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.ExtendedItemHandle@611c1a14 works
and gives an output in the report. "org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.ExtendedItemHandle@611c1a14"
I implemented this in Dynamic text of the report.

But where is this value hidden? In some kind of object or class?
I did some research and tried different methodes, but none are working so far.

Also one other question:
In a date cube I created a counter and a sum of values, so the average value can be determined. This average values is being used to do a calculation and give output value X.
Extra info: This value X is a Derived Measure within the data cube.

When I plot this DataCube as a table, i see the grouped values as expected.
However, i would like to know the sum and how often (count) this value occurs in the cube.

So output of the cube is for example:
Date Value X
05/05/2021 10:00 1
05/05/2021 11:00 0
05/05/2021 12:00 1
I would like to have a count of Value X, so in example 2, but preferable not in the table as this will be removed (or it can be hidden?)

I hope you can help me, if you need any more info please let me know.

Thank you in advance, really appreciated!

Best regards,
Jochem
Previous Topic:push in array object replace all values
Next Topic:Birt Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:12:02 GMT 2024