Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse JustJ » Working configuration to build products, plug-ins and features together
Working configuration to build products, plug-ins and features together [message #1841086] Mon, 03 May 2021 12:51 Go to next message
Hannes Wellmann is currently offline Hannes WellmannFriend
The documentation of JustJ says that products that use a JustJ JRE feature cannot build together with features and plug-ins using Maven/Tycho.

Therefore I want to report that since Tycho 2.3.0 the following configuration in the pom.xml works perfectly fine in the mentioned scenario:

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
    <artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
    <version>${tycho-version}</version>
    <configuration>
        <executionEnvironment>org.eclipse.justj.openjdk.hotspot.jre.full-11</executionEnvironment>
    </configuration>
</plugin>

Note that it is important to specify the executionEnvironment.
Specifying the executionEnvironmentDefault is not sufficient since that value is overwritten with the Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment specified in a bundle's MANIFEST.MF.
For details in Tycho see org.eclipse.tycho.core.ee.ExecutionEnvironmentConfigurationImpl and org.eclipse.tycho.core.osgitools.AbstractTychoProject#readExecutionEnvironmentConfiguration(ReactorProject, MavenSession,ExecutionEnvironmentConfiguration)

I've verified only the mentioned configuration, but from what I've seen in Tycho's sources I expect building only products and features to work too.
If nothing else speaks against it I suggest to update the JustJ documentation and example product to primary use the mentioned configuration and keep the other ones only for those that cannot use Tycho 2.3.0.
Re: Working configuration to build products, plug-ins and features together [message #1841122 is a reply to message #1841086] Tue, 04 May 2021 13:04 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll try to update the docs to talk about the newest version of Tycho first.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Include additional certificates in JRE keystore
Next Topic:Legal Obligations when including a JRE from JustJ
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:34:26 GMT 2024