Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Performance drop in Jubula 8.8 test of javafx 16 application(After application migration from javafx 11 to javafx 16 dropped test performance terribly)
Performance drop in Jubula 8.8 test of javafx 16 application [message #1840942] Thu, 29 April 2021 10:31 Go to next message
Milos Hroudny is currently offline Milos HroudnyFriend
Has anybody idea how to solve the problem with test performance decrease? We have javafx application, originally written in openjdk 11. Both application and testing worked fine. As a preparation for new LTS (openjdk 17) we tried to migrate to openjdk 16. Application works fine, but Jubula automated tests lost performance.
Example: Application opens information window and after check of the message we want to close the window by click on OK button. The button is object mapped and for click we use standard call of ub_grc_click.
Now the mouse pointer has to cover the distance about 45 cm (1680px).
For application in javafx 11 it takes about 1,5 sec (or less), for application in javafx 16 it takes about 68 seconds.
Anyway, all tests passed for both application versions.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Milos
Re: Performance drop in Jubula 8.8 test of javafx 16 application [message #1843557 is a reply to message #1840942] Fri, 06 August 2021 08:36 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
This seems to be very odd.

I think we as the Jubula Team must have a look into it, thanks for the information, i will check if i can reproduce the problem.

As for a workaround try testing the Environmental variable TEST_DISABLE_MOUSE_MOVEMENT=true
this will disable the mouse movement in complete (If you are using a lot of dropdowns or right click context menus it might break)

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Previous Topic:scroll to invisible Component
Next Topic:Object Mapping of the existing components getting changed after an update in the UI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:25:33 GMT 2024