Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Same Eclipse, same font, has different line spacing
Same Eclipse, same font, has different line spacing [message #1840880] Wed, 28 April 2021 00:32
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I've been using Eclipse on the same Windows 10 laptop for a couple of years, at 2021-03 now. I installed the "Inconsolata" font for use in Eclipse and other tools.

I'm now setting up a new laptop. I'm attempting to configure it identically. The only difference between them that I can't control is that the old laptop has a slightly older version of Windows 10. I had some confusion earlier, as I transferred the Eclipse preferences from the old laptop to the new laptop before actually installing the font, so even though the new laptop said it was using Inconsolata, which is a monospace font, it was clearly not Inconsolata, and clearly not monospace. Once I actually installed the Inconsolata font in Windows, the display fixed itself, I thought.

I'm now looking closer, and although the text characters are identical between the old and new, I now see that the line spacing is not the same. For some reason, the new laptop is showing extra space between each line.

I took screenshots of the two views, of the same file and approximately the same region of the file.

Here is the view from the old laptop:
index.php/fa/40412/0/

Here is the new one:
index.php/fa/40413/0/

I don't see any obvious Eclipse configuration for this.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Customize Perspective NullPointerException
Next Topic:Error signing in ABAP project on Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:47:32 GMT 2024