Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Advanced Scripting Environment (EASE) » Executing EASE scripts from CLI using Eclipse(Looking for the way to execute EASE scripts from CLI)
Executing EASE scripts from CLI using Eclipse [message #1840854] Mon, 26 April 2021 20:44 Go to next message
Adam Morawski is currently offline Adam MorawskiFriend
Is there any way to execute EASE scripts when Eclipse is started from CLI interface like i.e. eclipse.exe -noSplash -data <data path> -application ?????
I'm looking over documentation but cannot find anything pointing me in this direction. I'm especially interested in integration with PyDev.
Re: Executing EASE scripts from CLI using Eclipse [message #1840978 is a reply to message #1840854] Thu, 29 April 2021 18:09 Go to previous message
Christian Pontesegger is currently offline Christian PonteseggerFriend
eclipsec.exe -application org.eclipse.ease.runScript -workspace "C:\my workspace location" -script "workspace://Example Project/src/script1.js" param1 param2

... taken from Help/Scripting User Guide/Tasks/Launching Scripts/Headless
Details on the parameters can be found there.

PyDev is an IDE extension for python programming. The only thing EASE is using from PyDev is the breakpoint support. There is no other connection between these 2 projects. Still you can use PyDev to write your scripts and then EASE to run them within the JVM context.

HTH
Christian

PS: do not use the -refreshWorkspace parameter. Just found an issue with that and need to fix it in the nightly builds.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 April 2021 18:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:EASE debug mode
Next Topic:Start launch Config from script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:21:30 GMT 2024