Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Filechooser: how to get the directory containing the file(s)
Filechooser: how to get the directory containing the file(s) [message #1840273] Sun, 11 April 2021 08:09 Go to next message
Reinhold Hauck is currently offline Reinhold HauckFriend
I tried to use the FileChooseer class to get a list of filenames and the directory containing the files in order to forward both to a service, which should process the files. What the method startChooser returns is a list of files, including their content, but I cannot find a way to get the directory. Did I overlook something, or is there a lack of functionality?
Re: Filechooser: how to get the directory containing the file(s) [message #1840301 is a reply to message #1840273] Mon, 12 April 2021 06:43 Go to previous message
Andre Wegmueller is currently offline Andre WegmuellerFriend
Hi Reinhold

Scout uses a regular INPUT element for its file-choosers in the UI. When you upload a file to the browser and then query the INPUT element to show the name of the uploaded file, it will only return the file-name, not the whole path. I guess this is because of security concerns. Since browsers don't provide this information, you cannot access it in Scout either.

Anyway: when you have a Scout Classic application, the UI server normally couldn't access the filesystem of a remote client anyway, even if you had the whole path.

Cheers,
André

Eclipse Scout Homepage | Documentation | GitHub
Previous Topic:LDAPAuthenticator - example
Next Topic:OAuth Authentication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 02:56:40 GMT 2024