Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Chartfield in Classic Scout Application
Chartfield in Classic Scout Application [message #1839598] Wed, 24 March 2021 12:39 Go to next message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Hello all,

I have a question. I checked Java Scout 11 out today and i noticed that I havent got the AbstractChartField. Now my Question is do i need to insert that myself or has it just been forgotten in the update? Because my understanding was that with Scout 11 it would be integrated. Correct me if i was wrong

Thank you for updating Scout and for the answers
Cheers :)
Luis
Re: Chartfield in Classic Scout Application [message #1839602 is a reply to message #1839598] Wed, 24 March 2021 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andre Wegmueller is currently offline Andre WegmuellerFriend
Hi Luis

Everything related to the ChartField has its own Maven modules and is not part of the Scout core. So I guess you need to add the right Java dependencies (pom.xml):
- org.eclipse.scout.rt.chart.client
- org.eclipse.scout.rt.chart.shared
- org.eclipse.scout.rt.chart.ui.html

And for the NPM / JS stuff (package.json):
@eclipse-scout/chart

Hope that helps. Cheers,
André

Eclipse Scout Homepage | Documentation | GitHub
Re: Chartfield in Classic Scout Application [message #1839605 is a reply to message #1839602] Wed, 24 March 2021 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luis Nothvogel is currently offline Luis NothvogelFriend
Thank you Andé,

That helps a lot. I just thought it was integrated in the scout core cause in the technical guide in the how to section nothing was mentioned that you need to add the maven Dependecies. Might be a good idea to mention that somewhere :D. (everyone loves documenting i know)

I will do that then. Thank you again :)
Re: Chartfield in Classic Scout Application [message #1839725 is a reply to message #1839605] Fri, 26 March 2021 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oueslati Anis is currently offline Oueslati AnisFriend
Hello,
I am getting this error
Failed to create object for objectType "ChartFieldAdapter": Could not find "ChartFieldAdapter" in namespace ""
but as far as I saw in the documentation as André said this could not happen because the Adapter were removed and handled by the maven packages .
Did I missed something in between, I guess yes, do you have any idea what should I do ?
thanks in advance .
Re: Chartfield in Classic Scout Application [message #1839730 is a reply to message #1839725] Fri, 26 March 2021 14:55 Go to previous message
Andre Wegmueller is currently offline Andre WegmuellerFriend
Hi Oueslatis

Are you sure you've added the "@eclipse-scout/chart" to your dependencies in package.json? And also added an import to your [app].js file?

Please compare your app against the open source widgets app here:
https://github.com/bsi-software/org.eclipse.scout.docs/tree/releases/11.0/code/widgets/org.eclipse.scout.widgets.ui.html.app

Check the following files:
- package.json
- src/main/js/widgets.js (the [app].js)

[Update] also make sure that the watcher process is running, which is required to build the new .js files.

Cheers,
André

Eclipse Scout Homepage | Documentation | GitHub

[Updated on: Mon, 29 March 2021 06:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Widgets classic are different from js
Next Topic:JS - Java questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:43:15 GMT 2024