Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Widgets classic are different from js
Widgets classic are different from js [message #1839542] Tue, 23 March 2021 14:25 Go to next message
Nelson Florez is currently offline Nelson FlorezFriend
I am reviewing the new version (11) of scout, one of the advantages I see is to use its js version as frontend of an existing project in quarkus, but it strikes me that the widgets between both versions are different. If so or just that the examples contain the differences?
For example in the classic version there is the calendar widget but in js I don't see it.
I appreciate the clarification.

Regards,

Nelson F.
Re: Widgets classic are different from js [message #1839576 is a reply to message #1839542] Wed, 24 March 2021 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andre Wegmueller is currently offline Andre WegmuellerFriend
Hi Nelson

You're right. The CalendarField.js seems to be missing in the JS Widgets app. I don't think that this is intentionally. Compared to the Scout Classic widgets app the Scout JS widgets app is quite new, so I guess we just didn't add the CalendarField to this app yet. However: when we add a new widget to the JS app, we take care that the JavaScript API of the widget works as intended, so if you plan to use it right now, you may stumble upon problems here and there.

In case you're not sure whether or not a widget exists in Scout JS you can simply look at the @eclipse-scout/core module. Everything that's in there can be used in a Scout JS app.

If must use the CalendarField in a Scout JS app now, I'd suggest to have a look at the Scout Classic widgets app anyway, because the widgets used in the Classic app are the same as in the JS app. Start the browser's dev tools (f12) and check the JSON response you see there, when you open the CalenderField-form and click around there. You may also set some breakpoints in Calendar.js. This way you should see, what parameters the widget expects, and which functions you should call, even though it is not yet "officially" available in the Scout JS app.

Cheers,
André

Eclipse Scout Homepage | Documentation | GitHub
Re: Widgets classic are different from js [message #1839600 is a reply to message #1839576] Wed, 24 March 2021 12:45 Go to previous message
Nelson Florez is currently offline Nelson FlorezFriend
Thank you very much André for the clarification, I'm going to start testing scout js so I'll be asking questions here.

Regards,

Nelson F.
Previous Topic:Scout Based Desktop Product i.e. IDE
Next Topic:Chartfield in Classic Scout Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:08:22 GMT 2024