Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » break point(can't create a break)
break point [message #1838900] Mon, 08 March 2021 20:16 Go to next message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
Going back to the basics. I made this simple hello world project, attached. I did it for the run and the debugger configuration, while setting up the mingw compiler. In the projects folder, I only see one executable in the debug folder. I would have thought to have 2 exe's, one for each mode. Is this normal when I am trying to make a run and a debug exe? But when I run this as a normal exe I do get the expected results. And when I run it in the debug mode the program does stop at the main function and waits to resume. When I resume the program, it finishes out in the console as expected. The main problem that I am having is that when I double click on the left sidebar to create a breakpoint at the for loop, I cannot create a new break point there! Instead I get a popup menu asking me to "Enter a bookmark name" and the for loop code is displayed in another box! I've made breakpoints before and never had a problem, but this is very bewildering to me. I hope someone has an answer to this, as I would like to go on to other things using the debugger!
syd
Re: break point [message #1838909 is a reply to message #1838900] Tue, 09 March 2021 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
I note the lack of syntax coloring.
Looks like the file was opened with Text Editor
In fact, double clicks in the left margin with that editor will set bookmarks

This may help: https://stackoverflow.com/a/17429648
but open with C/C++ Editor
Eclipse should remember that.

Re: break point [message #1838928 is a reply to message #1838909] Tue, 09 March 2021 18:11 Go to previous message
sydney faria is currently offline sydney fariaFriend
You are probably correct about this since in my hurry to make this project from an online Utube tutorial, I simply copied and pasted the code into the project instead of importing the code.
Previous Topic:MAC OSX ECLIPSE C/C++ Debugger does not seem to stop at breakpoint
Next Topic:Dynamic and Static libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:46:53 GMT 2024