Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to automatically enable Link with Editor on Eclipse start-up?(How is it possible to enable the Link with Editor feature by default on start-up?)
How to automatically enable Link with Editor on Eclipse start-up? [message #1838679] Wed, 03 March 2021 13:25 Go to next message
Simon Deutschl is currently offline Simon DeutschlFriend
Hi Eclipse people,

I love the Link with Editor feature in Eclipse. I use it since I use Eclipse. I'm used to this feature, and that it is enabled on Eclipse start-up by default. But since the update to Eclipse 2020-09, I have to enable the Link with Editor feature every time I start Eclipse. Today I tried the update to the latest version, 2020-12. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

Is there a possibility to enable Link with Editor by default so that I don't have to enable it manually every time I start Eclipse? I searched the whole Eclipse settings, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe there's a one-liner I can add into the config file or anything else?

Thanks for your help and best regars,
Simon
Re: How to automatically enable Link with Editor on Eclipse start-up? [message #1838693 is a reply to message #1838679] Wed, 03 March 2021 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

In which view and editor did you see this stop working in 2020-09? Which release did you update from?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 03 March 2021 17:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to automatically enable Link with Editor on Eclipse start-up? [message #1838792 is a reply to message #1838693] Fri, 05 March 2021 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately, I do not know from which release I've updated. It was quite old so far. I use Eclipse with all the SAP plugins for BW modelling, ABAP and HANA development. The Link with Editor feature worked seamlessly in the BW Modelling view and stopped working after the update.
Re: How to automatically enable Link with Editor on Eclipse start-up? [message #1838997 is a reply to message #1838792] Thu, 11 March 2021 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So there's no solution? How's this feature working on your installations? Do you have to activate the Link with Editor feature every time you start up Eclipse, too? Or does your Eclipse installation remember the last state?
Re: How to automatically enable Link with Editor on Eclipse start-up? [message #1839040 is a reply to message #1838997] Thu, 11 March 2021 16:31 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Typically no, the things I use might not have it enabled the very first time in a workspace, but they tend to remember that state after I've
turned them on. I couldn't tell you if this is specific to SAP's views as I don't use them, but if you find a place where it's not being remembered,
I'd say to report that as a bug.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Menu bar and icons
Next Topic:FrameworkEvent ERROR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:07:59 GMT 2024