Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » "Launching Executing install" problem with Maven Install(Lost ability to run Maven or check Run configurations)
"Launching Executing install" problem with Maven Install [message #1838427] Wed, 24 February 2021 18:02
Barry Demchak is currently offline Barry DemchakFriend
Hi ...

** See update at end of this post **

I'm on Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2020-12, and I suddenly can't run Maven Install from the RunAs menu after I select my pom.xml file. This used to work before I rebooted my PC (to finish installing a PyCharm update). The same thing happened for the previous Eclipse 2019 release.

Does anyone know what's going on, and how I can fix this?

I select pom.xml, then right click to Run As, then select Maven Install. This used to start Maven and produce my .jar file. Now, instead, I get a message box with title "Problem Occurred" and text:

"Launching Executing install in C__Users_CyDeveloper_file-transfer-app_file-transfer has encountered a problem." 

For details, I get:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching Executing install in C__Users_CyDeveloper_file-transfer-app_file-transfer".
org/eclipse/jdt/debug/core/JDIDebugModel

Also, if I try to examine the Run Configurations, I get a different error:

Exception occurred creating launch configuration tabs
Reason: Plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.LocalJavaApplicationTabGroup. 

For details, I get:

An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui (213).

... then:

No tabs defined for launch configuration Java Application.

Sounds bad ... maybe a ClassPath problem??

Can anyone help??

** Update: It looks like this problem doesn't occur when Eclipse is launched by the installer, and it does occur when launched from the Windows desktop shortcut. Every time. So, for now, I'll install Eclipse and launch it, and simply not shut it down.

But the bigger question is why I get this behavior when launching from the Windows desktop shortcut??

Any ideas??

[Updated on: Thu, 25 February 2021 01:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:my debug/run function does not work
Next Topic:How to set up a remote Docker development environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:02:40 GMT 2024