Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » integrated git console for EGit
integrated git console for EGit [message #1838357] Tue, 23 February 2021 03:10 Go to next message
C Bell is currently offline C BellFriend
I'm new to git and EGit. I just started working on a project in a public github repo. Most of what I needed can be done in the Git perspective. However, EGit doesn't support push --mirror and eclipse can't natively generate ed25519 ssh keys for preferred secure connection to github. I tried the gonsole plugin, but it is out of date.

An integrated, fully functional git console would be nice to have and eliminate the need for installing and learning external tools like Git for Windows.
Re: integrated git console for EGit [message #1838633 is a reply to message #1838357] Tue, 02 March 2021 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
You may consider to file feature requests for the features you are missing.

push --mirror would first need to be implemented in JGit and then exposed in EGit.

JGit has a command line implementation, exposing the commands implemented there
(only a subset of what JGit can do as a library) shouldn't be too hard. AFAIK that's
what the gonsole plugin did. This wouldn't give you push --mirror since that's not
yet implemented in JGit.
Re: integrated git console for EGit [message #1838641 is a reply to message #1838633] Tue, 02 March 2021 18:40 Go to previous message
C Bell is currently offline C BellFriend
Thanks for the info, I will file a JGit feature request.
Previous Topic:Clone LFS exception
Next Topic:"Store in Secure Store"doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:27:29 GMT 2024