Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » fields of objects not shown in inspector / attributes
fields of objects not shown in inspector / attributes [message #1838300] Sun, 21 February 2021 16:11 Go to next message
Agoston Bejo is currently offline Agoston BejoFriend
index.php/fa/40026/0/Hi!

I've got a *huge* memory dump, with an apparent 3.8G memory leak.
(I've had to increase the heap size for MAT to about 12G for it to be able to read the hprof file at all.)

Now when I click on the org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SelectImpl$SelectResult object that seems to be the culprit, shouldn't I see its fields in the inspector window on the Attributes tab? (Actually, if I click on any object, the Attributes tab stays empty.)
Any idea why it doesn't?

index.php/fa/40026/0/

(Note that in the screenshot I had just clicked on the SelectResult instance, it just doesn't change the selection with the blue brackground -- another symptom...?)

Thanks!
Re: fields of objects not shown in inspector / attributes [message #1838445 is a reply to message #1838300] Thu, 25 February 2021 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
I don't know why it would do that.
Also it isn't switching to a new object when you have moved down to the HashMap$Node[] array.
Pressing the double array locks the inspector view so it doesn't change to a new object, however it is not pressed here.
I don't see any errors in your error log.
You could try creating a new inspector view to see if that helps: Window > Inspector
Does it ever work - on smaller dumps or after restarting MAT?
Re: fields of objects not shown in inspector / attributes [message #1840692 is a reply to message #1838300] Thu, 22 April 2021 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spencer Uresk is currently offline Spencer UreskFriend
I'm having similar issues. I think it may be related to the OS X version you are on? I believe this started happening after I upgraded to Big Sur or one of the updates, I'm not 100% sure (I'm on 11.2.3 now).

I haven't been able to find anything interesting in the logs yet.
Re: fields of objects not shown in inspector / attributes [message #1850427 is a reply to message #1838300] Wed, 02 March 2022 15:02 Go to previous message
German Corbetta is currently offline German CorbettaFriend
Hi team! is there any update here?

I am using Mac OS Monterey and I´ve been suffering this issue since Mac OS Big Sur at least!

All the "Inspector" tab (completely) is freeze, until I click on some component (inside the Inspector tab) or just try to adjust the tab size.

I´ve found that resizing the Inspector tab completely is the fastest way to refresh it but it´s just too frustrating when your daily work is to analyze tons of heap dumps...

Thanks
Previous Topic:Histogram comparison for identify memory issue on java classes
Next Topic:QuerySpec collapsed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:41:19 GMT 2024