Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Opened CMake proj from FileSystem - but IDE picked java builder?(Open (CMake) Project from File System, but proj properties are Java Builder and I need CDT Builder)
Opened CMake proj from FileSystem - but IDE picked java builder? [message #1838228] Thu, 18 February 2021 23:04 Go to next message
Quinn Carver is currently offline Quinn CarverFriend
Opening a CMake C++ project* I see no builder for C++ in Properties?

I import by switching to the C++ perspective then going to "File/Open Projects from File System" and selecting the root CMake folder. Looks okay in Project Explorer, but no autocomplete declaration lookups. I notice in properties that I have no place to specify include directories.

Inspecting project properties "Builders" there is only "Java Builder". Looking for a C Builder the "new" (Builder) button yields only the option for "Ant Builder" and "Program", and "import" (Builder) button shows nothing.

How do I select the "CDT Builder" (or any C Builder) for my CMake project -- which thinks it is java?

Hello/Thank you for your time. -QC

*Using Eclipse 2019-12 and Eclipse CDT 9.10.0.201912051559 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 I'm importing a CMake project (OpenSceneGraph).
Re: Opened CMake proj from FileSystem - but IDE picked java builder? [message #1838356 is a reply to message #1838228] Tue, 23 February 2021 00:39 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
You could add the C and C++ Natures to your project but this is tricky.

Better to import it with one of the C/C++ entries:
e.g. File --> Import --> C/C++ --> Existing Code as Makefile Project

A Makefile project assumes you are maintaining the Makefile.
CMake will build for you though.
It's also possible to generate a Makefile using CMake then build with make.

If you want to build from CDT with CMake you could change the build command to CMake.
You also would need to change the build directory.
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ Build

But I usually either generate a Makefile with CMake or manually execute CMake.

Previous Topic:Linking GLFW libs to project
Next Topic:Documentation for debugging a docker in Eclipse C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:24:10 GMT 2024