Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Add error message into LoginDialog/LoginForm
Add error message into LoginDialog/LoginForm [message #1838178] Thu, 18 February 2021 08:18 Go to next message
Marciana Naue is currently offline Marciana NaueFriend
Hello,

I need to modify our LoginDialog to communicate a specific error message to the user after a failed login below the login button.

So instead of changing the buttons value text I want to display it inside a label.

Is it possible to modify the LoginForm/LoginDialog in scout this way and what would be the best practice to do so?

We are using scout version 10.0.33.

Kind regards
Marciana
Re: Add error message into LoginDialog/LoginForm [message #1838309 is a reply to message #1838178] Mon, 22 February 2021 08:10 Go to previous message
Andreas ForsterFriend
Marciana Naue wrote on Thu, 18 February 2021 09:18
Hello,

I need to modify our LoginDialog to communicate a specific error message to the user after a failed login below the login button.

So instead of changing the buttons value text I want to display it inside a label.

Is it possible to modify the LoginForm/LoginDialog in scout this way and what would be the best practice to do so?

We are using scout version 10.0.33.

Kind regards
Marciana

Hi Marciana,

if my understanding of the scout login form is correct you need to dive into the Javascript code.

Here's an oldish message thread describing how to do it:
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1083922/

You might also find the the example mentioned in the thread helpful:
https://github.com/bsi-software/SpringBoot-and-EclipseScout/tree/bb97efde3490f37057b2a019f4b030bca3697db7/org.eclipse.scout.springboot/src/main/js

Enjoy!

Andreas

[Updated on: Mon, 22 February 2021 08:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Timeout with mobile devices
Next Topic:Adding heatmap example to my project leads to empty page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:38:38 GMT 2024