Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » No response when attempting to view BIRT report (all options)(Unable to view a BIRT report preview in web viewer, XLSX, PDF or any other option available.)
No response when attempting to view BIRT report (all options) [message #1838011] Fri, 12 February 2021 21:37 Go to next message
David Daniels is currently offline David DanielsFriend
Hello,

When trying to view a BIRT report on my Eclipse installation (2019-03), there is seemingly no response when I attempt to display in web viewer, Excel, PDF or any of the other options available. There are no error messages shown, no report and no changes on the screen.

I also have Eclipse version 2019-09 installed but my IT department had to install 2019-03 alongside the higher version in order to get BIRT to function properly.

Does anyone have ideas on next steps to take to get reports to display on a system or how to troubleshoot what is wrong?

Thank you,

David
Re: No response when attempting to view BIRT report (all options) [message #1838701 is a reply to message #1838011] Wed, 03 March 2021 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graham Cottle is currently offline Graham CottleFriend
Hi David,

I had this problem too when BIRT was configured to use Edge browser by default.
Changing it to use another browser (e.g. Chrome) solved the problem for me. I didn't find out why it wouldn't work with Edge.

It can be configured in eclipse as follows:

First, ensure the option "Always use external browsers" is selected in Window / Preferences / Report Design / Preview

Then, ensure your desired browser is selected in eclipse via: Window / Preferences / General / Web Browser

Hope that solves it for you.

Regards,
Graham

Re: No response when attempting to view BIRT report (all options) [message #1840971 is a reply to message #1838701] Thu, 29 April 2021 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. I tried both of these solutions but there is still no response when I attempt to preview the report. I set the browser to Chrome and IE.

Does any other software need to be running on the computer, like Apache or similar?

Thanks,

David
Re: No response when attempting to view BIRT report (all options) [message #1841653 is a reply to message #1840971] Mon, 24 May 2021 19:12 Go to previous message
Not sure if anyone else can provide some insight here, but not being able to use any sort of report preview function in BIRT is making it nearly unusable for me. There's about a 5 minute process I need to go through in order to get BIRT reports uploaded and doing that multiple times starts to really eat into my time.

Is it possible to get BIRT report to preview on Eclipse without having a web server installed?
Previous Topic:Survey as part of my bachelor thesis
Next Topic:Want to add group, section headers along with header and footers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:13:30 GMT 2024