Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GDB hw debugging not uploading to target.(gdb debug skips the "load image" step when debugging)
GDB hw debugging not uploading to target. [message #1837637] Wed, 03 February 2021 14:02 Go to next message
poul flindt is currently offline poul flindtFriend
For a long time I have been using eclipse 2018 with gdb hw debugging.
While sometimes tricky to set up it was possible with some tinkering.

With the latest eclipse versions I am unable to have eclipse load the binary to my target board.

I am programming an STM32F429-Discovery board using the arm-none-eabi- toolchain, and openocd.
Connecting with arm-none-eabi-gdb to openocd manually works and these steps in gdb will get me started :
* target remote localhost:3333
* mon reset init
* file target-elf-file
* load

When debugging using elicpse it connects to the board and I can step through the last program loaded - it basically behaves as I would expect if I had deselected "load image" in the setup.

How can I debug this? Is there any way to see the step eclipse are taking when starting to debug?

Re: GDB hw debugging not uploading to target. [message #1837650 is a reply to message #1837637] Wed, 03 February 2021 15:51 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Check your debug configuration. On the Startup tab, there is a checkbox Load Image.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:GDB / OpenOCD problem
Next Topic:paths and symbols missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:26:48 GMT 2024