Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Is there a way to set a default Installation Folder?
Is there a way to set a default Installation Folder? [message #1837593] Tue, 02 February 2021 22:07 Go to next message
Ge Strait is currently offline Ge StraitFriend
The Eclipse Installer GUI has an Installation Folder text box that allows the user to specify where the product will be installed. By default it's C:\Users\GStrait\eclipse\myProduct_01 in my case.

Is there a way to get the Installation Folder to display by default something like C:\MyCompany\MyProduct ??

I tried the following setupTasks in the setup file but neither did the trick...

<setupTask
xsi:type="setup:InstallationTask"
id="installation"
location="C:\MyCompany\MyProduct"/>
<setupTask
xsi:type="setup:VariableTask"
type="FOLDER"
name="install.root"
value="C:\MyCompany\MyProduct"
defaultValue="C:\Users\GStrait"
label="Root install folder">
<description>The root install folder where all the products are installed</description>
</setupTask>

Maybe something can be set in the Eclipse Installer configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.oomph.setup.installer.prefs ??

Thanks[
Re: Is there a way to set a default Installation Folder? [message #1837598 is a reply to message #1837593] Wed, 03 February 2021 04:36 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You could use the debugger to answer questions like this where you'd see how this is computed in org.eclipse.oomph.setup.internal.installer.SimpleVariablePage.getDefaultInstallationFolder(). I'm not sure if using -Doomph.setup.install.root=... will entirely meet your needs in simple mode.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:redirection setups
Next Topic:Installing Eclipse with bundled JRE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:56:14 GMT 2024