Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Use XText in batch mode(Is it possible to use XText in batch mode?)
Use XText in batch mode [message #1837586] Tue, 02 February 2021 19:25 Go to next message
Samaa Fayed is currently offline Samaa FayedFriend
As far as I understand to use XText there are 3 plugins to be created ( basic, ui, test)
As far as I understand xtext builder participant can be overriden in the xtext ui plugin which depends on eclipse ui plugins such as org.eclipse.ui.ide causing exceptions due to failures to create the Display in ui plugins.

I am trying to get XText to work in batch mode, so is it possible to:
1. get XText to fully work in batch mode with no Ui plugin dependencies?
or
2. override and bind xtext builder participant in the xtext basic plugin?
or
3. Is there some other way to do it?

I have seen https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=818736&goto=1431076&#msg_1431076 looks like a similar problem but could not find a solution
Re: Use XText in batch mode [message #1837601 is a reply to message #1837586] Wed, 03 February 2021 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi, what do you mean by batch mode?

Stand-alone java main? Maven? Gradle? Headless eclipse?
If you mean the latter you need a customized activator that creates
Different bindings than the generate AbstractXXXuiModule and its superclasses do
(Basically a big copy and paste that leaves out stuff that is display/ui related but keeps other stuff that is workspace and build related

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Use XText in batch mode [message #1837631 is a reply to message #1837601] Wed, 03 February 2021 13:12 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You do not need to use ui or test plugins. The basic editor plugin is adequate to support standalone usage. All the non-UI JUnit tests of the OCL and QVTd project run standalone. Provided you use your XXXStandaloneSetup, you should find that a *.xxx file just loads in the same way as any other EMF resource.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:Xtend with Maven does not preserved semantic
Next Topic:defect xtext version?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:19:46 GMT 2024