Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Generating Java class wFP_V2.impl.WFP_V2PackageImpl failed with an unhandled exception(Error handling and troubleshooting)
Generating Java class wFP_V2.impl.WFP_V2PackageImpl failed with an unhandled exception [message #1837531] Mon, 01 February 2021 21:47 Go to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Hello,

During my project dev life-cycle we found that we had a class in our ecore metamodel that we didn't need anymore so we removed it. As far as I have understood when generating the files for Sirius, upon deleting a class you have to delete all of the previously generated projects and the generate all again. So I did that. And ever since trying to delete that class project has imploded and I can't seem to generate the project to run sirius anymore because I get the error in the title.

Here is a screenshot of the error that seems to be the cause of all the issues in my project, that otherwise seemed to work just fine until I removed one class.
index.php/fa/39875/0/

Any assistance would be awesome because I am starting to wonder if I am going to have to recreate the entire project from scratch now.

It seems adding another random class to my ecore metamodel allows the generation of the sirius projects again, but when I try to run the model as an eclipse project to access my VSM and generated projects I get this error:
index.php/fa/39876/0/

As well as this one when I try open my representations.aird when I notice that none of my projects seem to be models anymore:

index.php/fa/39878/0/

After ignoring the error, I can open up representations.aird to see this:
index.php/fa/39879/0/

It seems that none of my previously created projects using my editor are recognized as valid project. But then when I click new and use my Ecore metamodel to generate a new modeling file, all of them pop back in. However all the diagram viewers are greyed out. When I click on them they open up, however I can no longer edit them at all as I get another error: eclipse.buildId=4.18.0.I20201202-1800
java.version=15.0.1
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide
Command-line arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data C:\Users\sirch\eclipse-workspace/../runtime-EclipseApplication -dev file:C:/Users/sirch/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Eclipse Application/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui
Error
Mon Feb 01 17:01:33 EST 2021
execute

org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: While executing the operation, an exception occurred
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:504)
at org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.internal.editor.DDiagramCommandStack.execute(DDiagramCommandStack.java:73)
at org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.internal.editor.DDiagramCommandStack.execute(DDiagramCommandStack.java:54)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.parts.DiagramCommandStack.execute(DiagramCommandStack.java:157)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.executeCommand(AbstractTool.java:425)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.executeCurrentCommand(AbstractTool.java:438)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.CreationTool.performCreation(CreationTool.java:269)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.CreationTool.handleButtonUp(CreationTool.java:189)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.mouseUp(AbstractTool.java:1200)
at org.eclipse.gef.EditDomain.mouseUp(EditDomain.java:301)
at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.DomainEventDispatcher.dispatchMouseReleased(DomainEventDispatcher.java:380)
at org.eclipse.draw2d.LightweightSystem$EventHandler.mouseUp(LightweightSystem.java:548)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:224)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4209)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1037)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4026)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3626)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1157)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1046)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:644)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:551)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:156)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:653)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:590)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1461)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1434)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.sirius.tools.api.ui.RefreshEditorsPrecommitListener.addRepresentationToForceRefresh(org.eclipse.sirius.viewpoint.DRepresentation)" because the return value of "org.eclipse.sirius.business.api.session.Session.getRefreshEditorsListener()" is null
at org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.tools.internal.command.builders.AbstractDiagramCommandBuilder$1.execute(AbstractDiagramCommandBuilder.java:101)
at org.eclipse.sirius.business.api.helper.task.TaskExecutor.execute(TaskExecutor.java:66)
at org.eclipse.sirius.tools.api.command.SiriusCommand.doExecute(SiriusCommand.java:82)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RecordingCommand.execute(RecordingCommand.java:135)
at org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.api.command.GMFCommandWrapper.doExecuteWithResult(GMFCommandWrapper.java:104)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.commands.core.command.AbstractTransactionalCommand.doExecute(AbstractTransactionalCommand.java:248)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:150)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.CompositeCommand.doExecuteWithResult(CompositeCommand.java:404)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:135)
at org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.tools.internal.commands.WrappingCommandIgnoringAffectedFiles.execute(WrappingCommandIgnoringAffectedFiles.java:125)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:496)
... 39 more

[Updated on: Mon, 01 February 2021 22:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generating Java class wFP_V2.impl.WFP_V2PackageImpl failed with an unhandled exception [message #1837532 is a reply to message #1837531] Mon, 01 February 2021 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Chiang is currently offline Thomas ChiangFriend
Any help in trying to make sense of this series of unfortunate errors would be fantastic. I suspect it mainly has to do with the original index error, in which case my first question is if there is a way to manually change the maximum allowed classes in an ecore model?

[Updated on: Mon, 01 February 2021 22:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generating Java class wFP_V2.impl.WFP_V2PackageImpl failed with an unhandled exception [message #1837643 is a reply to message #1837532] Wed, 03 February 2021 14:46 Go to previous message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hello,
Your first question is about EMF generation which is not specific to Sirius. If your metamodel has evolved, you do not necessarily have to remove all previous generated code. EMF supports incremental generation.
Your existing model based on this previous version of your metamodel may need to be migrated to be compatible with the new version. Sirius does not provide any facilities for that. In addition, if you have defined mapping rules in your VSM that depend on the previous version of your metamodel, you will have to modify your VSM, there is no automatic migration.

Regards,

Florian
Previous Topic:Automatic direct-label edit
Next Topic:BorderedNode Label not shown after creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:41:42 GMT 2024