Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Making of basic functional blocks
Making of basic functional blocks [message #1837498] Mon, 01 February 2021 07:02 Go to next message
Maciej Zurek is currently offline Maciej ZurekFriend
Hi, I'm brand new in Sirius and modelling by and large. I work in a project, where we have to create a graphical environment for the user, where he could "write" a simple program using FBD language.
I've made tutorials, but now... I have to learn how to make a simple blocks with input and outputs, using combinational logic.
How can I define a block like "OR"? It can take a few inputs, and if any of them is 1, the only output will be 1. If all inputs are 0, output is 0. I have no idea how to start. I understand, that firstly I have to define a model in EMF? How can I implement described behaviour? Thank you for help and advice!
Regards
Re: Making of basic functional blocks [message #1837645 is a reply to message #1837498] Wed, 03 February 2021 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi,

In a first step, you have to define your DSL (Domain Specific Language) by using EMF (https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/getstarted.html. In this step you will describe your concepts. If you have watched the Sirius get started video (https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/getstarted.html), it starts from an existing DSL.
On the top of this DSL, you will define with Sirius the graphical rules: how each concept will be represented in your diagram (or table, tree representations). For that you will define a new Viewpoint Specification Project that will contain the Viewpoint Specification Model.
Once you have defined your VSP it will be possible to create new diagrams based on your model (instance of your metamodel)
Do not hesitate to take a look back on the tutorials to make sure to understand each step.

Regards,
Florian
Re: Making of basic functional blocks [message #1837906 is a reply to message #1837645] Wed, 10 February 2021 08:42 Go to previous message
Maciej Zurek is currently offline Maciej ZurekFriend
Hi,
Thank you for the response.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 February 2021 09:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Sirius autocreates edges between nodes i don't want
Next Topic:How to handle XInclude in existing model instances ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:44:22 GMT 2024