Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't find header file(Include header files)
Can't find header file [message #1837486] Sun, 31 January 2021 21:59
Chuck Ericson is currently offline Chuck EricsonFriend
Using Eclipse for C/C++ Developers. I am becoming familiar with using the IDE by using the source code for a GTK example found on the internet. The example works correctly when built with gcc and pkg-config.

The code is validated in the editor by including /usr/include/gtk-3.0 and /usr/include/glib-2.0. However, when I build the example it cannot find pango/pango.h. I can trace down the includes in the Project Explorer using the path given in the console and find that include several layers deep in gdktypes.h. Also in the include tree in the Project Explorer is pango-1.0 which had pango.pango.h within it. It has the define macros to make sure it is only defined once. all the header files given above have the exclamation point on the header file icon.

How do I tell the IDE to recursively search the includes? I have looked for an option in the Build dialogues with no success. I want to get this working before I continue to write code for an extensive project.
Previous Topic:Eclipse crashing when it calles gdb or running the C application
Next Topic:AT32UC & Eclipse IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:38:56 GMT 2024