Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP Help System: Tree icons could not be loaded
RCP Help System: Tree icons could not be loaded [message #1837420] Fri, 29 January 2021 16:33 Go to next message
Nicholas Karwath is currently offline Nicholas KarwathFriend
I'm facing strange behaviour in my RCP on a customers computer only: Icons for the TOC tree can't be loaded by the RCP Help System framework. The alt text gets displayed instead.

Unfourtunately on my PC it runs fine, so i'm pretty lost on how to debug/fix this. Both the customer and me using Windows 10 with Internet Explorer. I'm thinking about some rights issues and enterprise security rules which may affect my customers PCs, which led to unloadable icons, but on the other side: it's just a Jetty server and the icons are avaiblable in the proper bundles, so it has to work. Supposed to work ...

I've played around with browser versions in the ini without any change
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=default
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=11001
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=12001
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=13001

See attached file for the TOC tree without icons.

What can be the reason for the tocTree.js to not load the images from ../advanced/images?

Running on Eclipse (2019-06) with org.eclipse.help.base_4.2.600.v20190605-1800

[Updated on: Tue, 02 February 2021 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCP Help System: Tree icons could not be loaded [message #1837568 is a reply to message #1837420] Tue, 02 February 2021 14:17 Go to previous message
Nicholas Karwath is currently offline Nicholas KarwathFriend
It seems to have something to do with the svg icons inside org.eclipse.help.webapp: After switching them to PNG, they can be loaded on customers computer.
Previous Topic:Target Platform: No plugins found in repository?
Next Topic:Deploy Eclipse RCP based IDE to cloud
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:46:41 GMT 2024