Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » User Authentification (limited IP-Addresses only)
User Authentification (limited IP-Addresses only) [message #1836714] Tue, 12 January 2021 18:04 Go to next message
Joerg Wolf is currently offline Joerg WolfFriend
Hi everyone,

I want to realize a User-Authentification in that way, that only certain IP-Addresses or address-ranges get access to the broker (like mysql f. e.)

I read about authentification plugins which might manage such registration. But I have no experience with this.

Can you give me a tip for what is the easiest way to realize this kind of user-authentification?

Regards Joerg

Re: User Authentification (limited IP-Addresses only) [message #1836724 is a reply to message #1836714] Tue, 12 January 2021 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
Hi Joerg,

Here's an example: https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/blob/master/plugins/auth-by-ip/mosquitto_auth_by_ip.c

Regards,

Roger
Re: User Authentification (limited IP-Addresses only) [message #1836753 is a reply to message #1836724] Wed, 13 January 2021 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you very much, Roger. Is it possible to combine the plugin-authentification with the integrated mosquitto-authentification (user/client/password)? Or do the plugin has access on the user/client/password-data of the user who want to get access?

Thanks for your support,

Joerg
Re: User Authentification (limited IP-Addresses only) [message #1836807 is a reply to message #1836753] Thu, 14 January 2021 11:06 Go to previous message
Ups, everything is to be read in chapter 'External authentication and topic access plugin options' of the default config file.

Sorry, I didn't see it in time.

Joerg
Previous Topic:Mosquitto bad request format
Next Topic:"double free or corruption" after publish message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:54:25 GMT 2024