Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse crashing when it calles gdb or running the C application(Eclipse is crashing once I launch gdb or run the c application.)
Eclipse crashing when it calles gdb or running the C application [message #1836647] Mon, 11 January 2021 09:12 Go to next message
sunil vasudevan is currently offline sunil vasudevanFriend
I am using Eclipse mars C/C++. Getting some strange behavior with eclipse.. It was working normally.. In between I had installed the Cygwin64 in windows..I am able to run cygwin application with cygwin.. After that when I run the eclipse with Mingw, it always crashes after launching the application with GDB or running the application ..I used to see the output while "running" the application, but it suddenly crashes the IDE.. Not getting any clue what it causes this issue..
Re: Eclipse crashing when it calles gdb or running the C application [message #1837467 is a reply to message #1836647] Sat, 30 January 2021 21:54 Go to previous message
J.R. Heisey is currently offline J.R. HeiseyFriend
If I understand correctly you run Eclipse from a Mingw shell prompt.
If so does this happen when you run Eclipse from a Windows shell prompt?
If that is successful then I suspect that there may be a version of a DLL library in Mingw that is superseding what the version of the library that used otherwise.

Note that if the PATH environment variable contains a folder name to the Mingw installation folder this may also cause Eclipse to use the Mingw library when launching Eclipse from a Windows shell prompt.
Previous Topic:Remote debugging error
Next Topic:Can't find header file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:10:53 GMT 2024