Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Layout priority of org.eclipse.elk.conn.gmf.ElkLayoutProvider(Default GMF Elk Layout Provider has high priority.)
Layout priority of org.eclipse.elk.conn.gmf.ElkLayoutProvider [message #1836475] Tue, 05 January 2021 12:51 Go to next message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Hello,

I've a question regarding the default ElkLayoutProviders priority, which leads to problems in some of our graphs (Graphs which are non-ELK layouted). I noticed that the arrange all command in non-elk layouted graphs tries to invoke the ElkLayoutProvider which fails with the message:

"!ENTRY org.eclipse.elk.core.service 2 0 2021-01-05 13:46:46.709
!MESSAGE Unable to build the layout graph from the given selection."

Does it have a special meaning to define it with high priority? It looks for me like a fall-back layouting algorithm if nothing was defined. Do I have to change the priority of all other non-elk layout providers priority to high for avoiding these problems? Thank you in advance.

Best regards
MKaraman
Re: Layout priority of org.eclipse.elk.conn.gmf.ElkLayoutProvider [message #1837875 is a reply to message #1836475] Tue, 09 February 2021 11:37 Go to previous message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Issue 356 is similar, so there is no way without rising the priorities to highest.

https://github.com/eclipse/elk/issues/356
Previous Topic:[Stress/Force] Edge labels placing
Next Topic:MrTree algorithm used on Sirius diagram - tree direction inversed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:18:01 GMT 2024