Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » LayeredLayoutProvider: keep order of nodes(Order of nodes and partial layouting..)
LayeredLayoutProvider: keep order of nodes [message #1836365] Wed, 30 December 2020 14:37 Go to next message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Hello,

Is it possible to use LayeredLayoutProvider with keeping the order of nodes? The use-case for this: The user creates a graph uses the auto-layout and exchanges to positions of two nodes and uses the auto-layout.

I've checked most of the options, but i don't have an idea which comes next to my requirement. So i am wondering, if its even possible. Thank you in advance.

Best regards
MKaraman
Re: LayeredLayoutProvider: keep order of nodes [message #1836441 is a reply to message #1836365] Mon, 04 January 2021 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulf Rueegg is currently offline Ulf RueeggFriend
It depends on which _order_ you mean exactly and how strict you require the algorithm to be.

You could have a look at the _User-Hints_ examples, the vertical one, for instance.
Re: LayeredLayoutProvider: keep order of nodes [message #1836474 is a reply to message #1836441] Tue, 05 January 2021 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your help. The example is very good to understand the different behavior of the ports.
Re: LayeredLayoutProvider: keep order of nodes [message #1837951 is a reply to message #1836474] Thu, 11 February 2021 09:45 Go to previous message
The vertical node order works only for 2 Nodes, if i have 3 or more it seems that the list order doesn't determine the order in the layout. Is this my misunderstanding or a bug in the layouting algorithm?

The following example can reproduce my problem: Just by ordering the edges doesn't influence the order in the layout. Due to my understanding the layout result of the nodes must be 2, 3, 4 .. but i get 4, 2, 3

Quote:

node default {
algorithm: layered
nodeLabels.placement: "INSIDE V_TOP H_CENTER"
label "Default" { layout [ size: 43, 15 ] }
node n1 {
portConstraints: FIXED_ORDER
port p1 { side: EAST index: 0 }
label "1"
}
node n4 { port p1 { side: EAST index: 0 } label "4" }
node n2 { port p1 { side: EAST index: 0 } label "2" }