Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » ATL to EMFTVM migration problems
ATL to EMFTVM migration problems [message #1836257] Sat, 26 December 2020 21:17 Go to next message
Burak Karaduman is currently offline Burak KaradumanFriend
Dear All,

I wrote my code in ATL and I am trying to adapt it to EMFTVM. However, it generates lots of problems, I was able to solve some of them.

rule TaskToProcess {
from
pim: PIM!Task (

)
to
processthread: PSM!Process (
Name <- pim.Name,
hasSensor <- pim.sense,
)
}

In the first phase, the following problem was generated.

org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.VMException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot assign 6f89b64:PSM!Sensor to multi-valued field Process_Thread::hasSensor ...

Then, I tried to modify the line from ( hasSensor <- pim.sense ) to (hasSensor <- Sequence{pim.sense}). I solved many problems using Sequence{}. However, new problem was also generated.

org.eclipse.m2m.atl.emftvm.util.VMException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot add/remove OclUndefined to/from multi-valued field Process_Thread::hasSensor ...

Some elements do not have to be added to the model and Oclundefined is generated because of this. How can overcome this problem? Is there a better way to adapt ATL code to EMFTVM code?

Re: ATL to EMFTVM migration problems [message #1836284 is a reply to message #1836257] Mon, 28 December 2020 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

You also need to cover the case of pim.sense being OclUndefined (null), which should assign an empty Sequence instead of Sequence{OclUndefined}.

I've added an example with an ATL library you can use to wrap single values in ATL Collections at https://github.com/dwagelaar/atl.examples/tree/main/ATLSingleToMultiProperty

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: ATL to EMFTVM migration problems [message #1836673 is a reply to message #1836284] Mon, 11 January 2021 18:27 Go to previous message
Burak Karaduman is currently offline Burak KaradumanFriend
Thank you so much Dennis.
Previous Topic:Module and Library inclusion problem
Next Topic:Java API information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:42:06 GMT 2024