Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Importing CMake project into Eclipse and editing it within the IDE(Editing existing projects with Eclipse)
Importing CMake project into Eclipse and editing it within the IDE [message #1836229] Fri, 25 December 2020 03:48
Franklin Nwankwo is currently offline Franklin NwankwoFriend
I want to edit an already existing eclipse CMakefile project in eclipse. The project is just a simple "Hello World!" to the console. I am able to build this project in the terminal with the Makefile that is generated with CMake. Now my goal is to import this project into Eclipse so i can edit it further and rebuild it there as well. To do this i followed this Tutorial: www.mantidproject.org/Setting_up_Eclipse_projects_with_CMake

Following the tutorial i entered the following command to set up a CMake Project for Eclipse:
frank@debian:~/Projects/proj2$ cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_ECLIPSE_VERSION=4.18 -S ./src/ -B ./build/

I continued to follow the instructions provided and imported the project into the Eclipse Workspace. When i build the project in eclispe i get the following message in the console:

make all 
make: Nothing to be done for 'all'.

20:33:37 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 3s.117ms)

Now if i edit the project in eclipse to print "Bye, World" and run it again i get the same message in eclipse, also the message is not displayed on the eclipse console. However the project is imported from its home directory so i believe its linked so i expect changes in eclipse to be reflected in the original directory. But when i try to run the executable in the terminal i get "Hello World!" instead. So, i have no idea how to edit imported Cmake projects in eclispe to make changes. Can anyone help me out? Thank you.

Additional info: running debian 10, eclipse version = 4.18
Previous Topic:Missing CDT in 2019-12
Next Topic:Fix project properties to run it.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 00:40:08 GMT 2024