Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » What should a PHP developer know?
What should a PHP developer know? [message #1835522] Sat, 05 December 2020 18:30 Go to next message
daniel oxi is currently offline daniel oxiFriend
Hi,

I work with PHP for about 3 years now, and I feel like I'm stagnating as a programmer. I develop sites with Codeigniter and Yii but otherwise I feel I'm doing the same thing over and over again, and I'm afraid that I will be an expert beginner forever.

What I think I should look into: dependency management, design patterns, advanced caching techniques. Are these senior level topics or should I already know these after 3 years?

Can you recommend me other topics to look into as well as resources that I can use? I would also appreciate a good design patterns/ software architecture book that I can use with PHP? Something like a cookbook, that isn't terribly outdated?

The ones I looked into (Gang of four, Head first Design patterns) seemed too Java biased and I couldn't see how I could use these with PHP development.

Re: What should a PHP developer know? [message #1851333 is a reply to message #1835522] Sun, 03 April 2022 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eat bulaga is currently offline eat bulagaFriend
Let's be very biased about this answer ...

1. Strong knowledge of procedural programming theory.

... and more about object-based programming. Without using programming languages, you are not a professional.

2. Strong knowledge of using PHP.net documents.

I think some people know PHP expressions and definitions 100%, you don't need to know. You need to know where to find gaps in your data and how to interpret documents.

There will come a time when you need to explain something about how PHP works with your partner and using documentation will help a lot.

3. Security.

How to prevent a first or second level database attack? How do you prevent XSS attacks? Mastering PHP begins with professional training and integration to store code, databases and file systems.

4. Keep going

A professional can move from error code to troubleshooting, even in unfamiliar frameworks. You fear problems and in return you will find your way.

Learn how to troubleshoot var_dump () and print_r (), create test plans and always know where your error.log file is!

5. Release technique.

This makes it easier when you irritate the OOP, but generates reusable code while keeping values ​​in the variables, not hard coding ... This is an exercise that professionals should do do it on the go, no later.

6. Distinguish between code and html

At least real professionals continue to mix HTML and PHP. It is bad practice to confuse "outsider" with "model" or "control" code. What brings us ...

7. WordPress

Most of the websites you work on are likely to use WordPress. A professional must know how to leave a WordPress template in everything ... here and there ... appreciate and ideally the extra details as well.

Of course, depending on your website how likely you are to use it, you may be more likely to use Drupal or Magento, and the like.

8. Strange things

Ultimately, of course, the strangest and strangest things we know about PHP (and love?) Should be different in nature until you become a professional developer. You need to know clearly why this file_gate_text failed or why there was an error in your mysql application. PHP has a special nature and you have to adapt to it.
Re: What should a PHP developer know? [message #1853220 is a reply to message #1835522] Thu, 23 June 2022 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mildred Hambly is currently offline Mildred HamblyFriend
A Junior developer should know:
experience in developing for one of the popular cms (wordpress, modx, opencart, magento or others)
understanding of the principles of OOP / MVC - at the initial stage, only an understanding of these principles is necessary, but in the future, growth without practical application is impossible
knowledge of PHP and MySQL
basic knowledge of Git
Re: What should a PHP developer know? [message #1858870 is a reply to message #1853220] Thu, 27 April 2023 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiv Technolabs is currently offline Shiv TechnolabsFriend
As a PHP developer, it is essential to possess familiarity with front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Proficiency in working with commonly used third-party APIs such as Google, Facebook, and Youtube is also expected. Additionally, strong analytical skills and effective time management abilities are crucial. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are also necessary for the role.

Know more:
shivlab.com/php-development/
Re: What should a PHP developer know? [message #1859211 is a reply to message #1858870] Fri, 19 May 2023 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danial Meruk is currently offline Danial MerukFriend
Shiv Technolabs wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 07:18
As a PHP developer, it is essential to possess familiarity with front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Proficiency in working with commonly used third-party APIs such as Google, Facebook, and Youtube is also expected. Additionally, strong analytical skills and effective time management abilities are crucial. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are also necessary for the role.

Know more:
shivlab.com/php-development/

Well, communication is the last thing you need (if you work on your own project.)

With the use of positive words, you can improve your mindset with positive words that start with r.
Re: What should a PHP developer know? [message #1860714 is a reply to message #1851333] Mon, 28 August 2023 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gautam Babu is currently offline Gautam BabuFriend
eat bulaga wrote on Sun, 03 April 2022 10:49
Let's be very biased about this answer ...

1. Strong knowledge of procedural programming theory.

... and more about object-based programming. Without using programming languages, you are not a professional.

2. Strong knowledge of using PHP.net documents.

I think some people know PHP expressions and definitions 100%, you don't need to know. You need to know where to find gaps in your data and how to interpret documents.

There will come a time when you need to explain something about how PHP works with your partner and using documentation will help a lot.

3. Security.

How to prevent a first or second level database attack? How do you prevent XSS attacks? Mastering PHP begins with professional training and integration to store code, databases and file systems.

4. Keep going

A professional can move from error code to troubleshooting, even in unfamiliar frameworks. You fear problems and in return you will find your way.

Learn how to troubleshoot var_dump () and print_r (), create test plans and always know where your error.log file is!

5. Release technique.

This makes it easier when you irritate the OOP, but generates reusable code while keeping values ​​in the variables, not hard coding ... This is an exercise that professionals should do do it on the go, no later.

6. Distinguish between code and html

At least real professionals continue to mix HTML and PHP. It is bad practice to confuse "outsider" with "model" or "control" code. What brings us ...

7. WordPress

Most of the websites you work on are likely to use WordPress. A professional must know how to leave a WordPress template in everything ... here and there ... appreciate and ideally the extra details as well.

Of course, depending on your website how likely you are to use it, you may be more likely to use Drupal or Magento, and the like.

8. Strange things

Ultimately, of course, the strangest and strangest things we know about PHP (and love?) Should be different in nature until you become a professional developer. You need to know clearly why this file_gate_text failed or why there was an error in your mysql application. PHP has a special nature and you have to adapt to it.

This is an amazing way to answer this question. Great one. I would like to add something to this:

Learning the 'hard' technical skills is one aspect of becoming a high-level PHP developer, but you're unlikely to get to the top without the right set of complementary 'soft' skills. One of these is problem-solving, which is crucial in all web development. As a PHP developer, you're going to face unexpected issues that you'll need to fix - how you go about doing that will play a major role in how valuable you are on a development project. Critical thinking - being able to analyze and evaluate different solutions to a problem to come up with the most effective one - is also important for writing quality code.

Re: What should a PHP developer know? [message #1860757 is a reply to message #1853220] Fri, 01 September 2023 06:32 Go to previous message
nest app for pc is currently offline nest app for pcFriend
A PHP developer should know the following:

PHP language syntax and semantics: This includes the basic building blocks of PHP, such as variables, functions, and operators.
PHP frameworks: PHP frameworks are a set of pre-written code that can be used to speed up development and make it easier to create complex applications. Some popular PHP frameworks include Laravel, CodeIgniter, and Symfony.
Databases: PHP developers should be familiar with how to interact with databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
Web development concepts: This includes topics such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
Object-oriented programming: Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a programming paradigm that allows developers to create reusable code. PHP supports OOP, and developers should be familiar with the concepts of classes, objects, and inheritance.

Previous Topic:Show distinct column values in pyspark dataframe
Next Topic:Syntax Errors not detected
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:42:46 GMT 2024