Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to connect OSGI with SQL server on Eclipse
How to connect OSGI with SQL server on Eclipse [message #1835465] Thu, 03 December 2020 20:28 Go to next message
Christos Christou is currently offline Christos ChristouFriend
I'm working on a project using OSGI framework on Eclipse and I'm currently trying to connect to a SQL server.

I've followed [this][1] tutorial until the step 18. Meaning that I managed to create a `Plug-In from Existing JAR Archives` and export it. I did not follow after that because it talks about Apache Felix, which I don't use.

Then I imported the plug in by going to MANIFEST > Dependencies > Required Plug ins.

However, I still get `java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:sqlserver://..` when I try to connect to the SQL server.

My question is, are there any other additional steps required to make this work, apart from importing the jar file as a plug in?

[1]: https://cq-ops.tumblr.com/post/21893960212/how-to-turn-a-jdbc-driver-jar-into-an-osgi-bundle
Re: How to connect OSGI with SQL server on Eclipse [message #1837005 is a reply to message #1835465] Wed, 20 January 2021 20:16 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

You can also:

1. Add the driver jar to your project
2. Open your MANIFEST.MF file
3. Open the runtime tab
4. Add the jar in the "classpath" section

don't forget to include it in your build.properties

[Updated on: Wed, 20 January 2021 20:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Where can I learn Eclipse Plug-In Development?
Next Topic:SSL error when adding Remote Liberty server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:45:47 GMT 2024