Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Mosquitto plugins written in rust, help with contents of mosquitto struct(Some information about how to write plugins in rust, for mosquitto broker)
Mosquitto plugins written in rust, help with contents of mosquitto struct [message #1835452] Thu, 03 December 2020 16:19 Go to next message
kristoffer ödmark is currently offline kristoffer ödmarkFriend
Mosquitto broker is a mature and simple, and quite frankly defactor standard MQTT broker in use today.

However I do not enjoy writing stuff in C to much, so I created a library that will help aspiring plugin writers to write their plugin in rust, and use it in Mosquitto broker. Will post links in next message

Repository with example: https://github.com/TotalKrill/mosquitto_plugin

I have included an example plugin that only let clients connect if their password is their username in reverse, and also only allows subscribtion/publish depending on their mosquitto.conf file. You will find it in the repository.

I would however want some help, the mosquitto_plugin.h header file doesnt specify the mosquitto struct. So I have not been able to incorporate information from that struct into my plugin library yet.

Any help is appreciated!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2020 17:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mosquitto plugins written in rust, help with contents of mosquitto struct [message #1835455 is a reply to message #1835452] Thu, 03 December 2020 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kristoffer ödmark is currently offline kristoffer ödmarkFriend
And to the crates site:
https://crates.io/crates/mosquitto-plugin

[Updated on: Thu, 03 December 2020 17:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mosquitto plugins written in rust, help with contents of mosquitto struct [message #1835457 is a reply to message #1835455] Thu, 03 December 2020 18:16 Go to previous message
Roger Light is currently offline Roger LightFriend
Great, good work!

`struct mosquitto` is private, and will remain so forever. You can use the accessor functions in `mosquitto_broker.h` to get access to some parameters, are there any other parameters that you are missing?
Previous Topic:What kinf of IPC is Mosquitto broker using?
Next Topic:Mosquitto and TCP session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:16:33 GMT 2024