Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Hello, My Eclipse isn't working properly(SWT design, Window builder, issues, projects not showing up)
Hello, My Eclipse isn't working properly [message #1835362] Tue, 01 December 2020 17:25 Go to next message
liz nori is currently offline liz noriFriend
Hello all,

I just downloaded the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers recently 2020-09 ( I have used it in the past on my previous device.) I had it working correctly but I had wanted to make a text-based game that had a pop-out application. I was following a tutorial by RYIsnow and he had designed a title page only using code, here's what the code sort of looked like ( I had deleted it because I thought that there was an issue with my software)

(after imports and public class etc,)

public Game(){
window = new JFrame();
window.setSize(800,600);
window.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_etc);
window.getContentPane().setBackground(Color.black):
window.layout etc
window.visible true etc
con = window.getContent();

titleNamePanel = new JPanel(); ( just background)
titleNameLabel = new JLabel(); (just text)
startButtonPanel = new Panel(): (just background) ( in blue so that it would show up)
startButton = new JButton(); ( text and background)
(I did the same/similar steps as window for all with black background and white text. )

then I added titleNameLabel to its panel
and startButton to its panel
and those panels to containers.

when I ran it, it had just a black background. I changed the colors to be different from each other and it showed up but I had wanted it to look nicer so I tried to download window builder (help> download new software > general software > everything below SWT Designer.)
but this had not worked and I could not open the design tab. ( I have gotten this to work on my previous device but I couldn't remember what I had done to make it work.
It had made my projects show up as a gray screen (SWT Application window).

If someone knows the solution to this please let me know!
  • Attachment: Capture2.MHT
    (Size: 494.70KB, Downloaded 52 times)
  • Attachment: Capture3.MHT
    (Size: 108.13KB, Downloaded 52 times)
Re: Hello, My Eclipse isn't working properly [message #1835365 is a reply to message #1835362] Tue, 01 December 2020 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Whatever those attachments are supposed to convey, you might want to consider changing them out for simple images. From
what's written, I also can't tell what you're asking about--are you missing a Design tab, or is it there and showing up as gray? And
is that the actual source code you're editing that turns up gray?

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Hello, My Eclipse isn't working properly [message #1835978 is a reply to message #1835365] Thu, 17 December 2020 16:05 Go to previous message
liz nori is currently offline liz noriFriend
Hi,
Sorry about the attachments and the late reply, I'm missing a design tab so I was typing in the code and when I would run the code it would show up as gray. It only seemed to be the code that two jpanels had BLACK as the set color. I think it should both work even if they are the same color but I'm not sure.
Previous Topic:Eclipse for NIOS (Intel née Altera C Code Development) won't import/create new
Next Topic:Where is jakarta ee 9 web project eclipse-jee-2020-12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 10 18:56:41 GMT 2021