Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Clueless BIRT install
Clueless BIRT install [message #1835171] Thu, 26 November 2020 10:24 Go to next message
Raptor FX is currently offline Raptor FXFriend
Hi,

I have been asked to develop some reports using BIRT. Since yesterday I have been surfing a bit and was taken aback by how little there is about this product and how to install it. Not being a extremely tech savvy person I have found it extremely frustrating. Following some (very old) tutorials I just couldn't get to anything that helped.

I installed the 2020-09 Eclipse PHP version and the JAVA Dev version in an attempt to see something that eludes to BIRT. From tutorials it should have been an options at install (Java and Report Developer) which it wasn't.

To uninstall Eclipse 2020-09 is also proofing to be a pain. There isn't ANY Eclipse in the Programs and Features menu on Windows.

Please help.

Kind regards,
Windows 7 64bit
Re: Clueless BIRT install [message #1835252 is a reply to message #1835171] Sat, 28 November 2020 05:11 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, BIRT is kind of on life-support with people kicking at the plug.

To remove Eclipse, remove the folder ~/.eclipse, ~/.p2 and whatever folder you installed Eclipse into, likely somewhere in ~ by default.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse dark themed title bar
Next Topic:JavaFX not showing up after installing plug-in.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:32:05 GMT 2024