Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Trying to use Eclipse CDT for Arduino development?
Trying to use Eclipse CDT for Arduino development? [message #1834908] Fri, 20 November 2020 09:32
HarperWyatt HarperWyatt is currently offline HarperWyatt HarperWyattFriend
I have recently installed Eclipse and the on Linux Mint and added the Sloeber plugin (well one of them anyway- there was more than one to choose from, same version info, different file sizes) to work with Arduino projects. I thought this would work pretty seamlessly, but I am struggling to get anything to work correctly. I have imported one of my current projects but I am getting a plethora of errors and warnings. there are none when compiled in the Arduino IDE (with full warnings turned on) or QT. My project does not recognized even as an Arduino project despite having a top main.ino file. I cannot select target boards (which seems to be a rather confusing process in itself - which version number do I choose? I just want to choose a mega board?) so I am rather stumped and not sure how to proceed. Is there any tutorial to help import and set up an existing Arduino project? The project has one main .ino file with one library (.h + .cpp) included. All three files showing in the project tree.

Previous Topic:Can I use CDT to debug COFF object file?
Next Topic:The type 'EthernetClient' must implement the inherited pure virtual method 'Print::write'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:54:31 GMT 2024