Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » What are different techniques to get object mapping in Jubula
What are different techniques to get object mapping in Jubula [message #1834810] Wed, 18 November 2020 10:17 Go to next message
Nidhi Kashyap is currently offline Nidhi KashyapFriend
What are the different ways we can capture the object mapping of the components in swing application ?

I am currently using Eclipse for Testers and I have created Test Cases and Test Suites and configured my AUT agent.
For capturing the object mapping of the components I open the Object mapping mode and use Ctrl+Q to capture in the eclipse. And the I export the object mapping as Java class.

Are there other ways as well ??

Re: What are different techniques to get object mapping in Jubula [message #1834988 is a reply to message #1834810] Mon, 23 November 2020 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nidhi Kashyap is currently offline Nidhi KashyapFriend
what technique is jubula using to capture the object mapping. I have checked Jubula user manual and developer manual, but i coudnt find much information.

Please help in understanding the object mapping mechanism.
Re: What are different techniques to get object mapping in Jubula [message #1836586 is a reply to message #1834988] Fri, 08 January 2021 08:21 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello,

The component recognition system uses various details about mapped components to find the right component during the test. The location of the component in the AUT hierarchy, the components near to it and the name of the component all play a role in component recognition. For each possible component, the similarity to the originally mapped component is calculated. The component with the highest result is selected.
So in Detail, the capturing of the object mapping looks which component Jubula supports is under the mouse pointer. It than searches for the various details like hierarchy and other information.

If You download Jubula from the Bredex page, also the AUTAgent has some way to collect object mapping. This is described in the documentation.[1]

best regards
Marvin Mueller
[1] https://help.eclipse.org/2020-12/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/developerManual/clientAPI/ch02s08s03.html
Previous Topic:Test result not showing X and V
Next Topic:How to get result of aut.execute(Component.checkEnablement(true/false),"check comp") in B
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:34:37 GMT 2024