Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Error when "mvn package" the JDT Core component(Packaging error)
Error when "mvn package" the JDT Core component [message #1834633] Fri, 13 November 2020 20:38 Go to next message
Malinda Dilhara is currently offline Malinda DilharaFriend
I believe I am posting this question in the right place.

I was doing some changes in JDT core components and was building, testing, packaging successfully.

From yesterday onwards (12th November 2020), I came across the following error. The Tycho plugin throws this error when I try to (mvn)package JDT Core component.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho.extras:tycho-eclipserun-plugin:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT:eclipse-run (default) on project org.eclipse.jdt.core: Execution default of goal org.eclipse.tycho.extras:tycho-eclipserun-plugin:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT:eclipse-run failed: Some required artifacts could not be downloaded. See log output for details. 

[INFO] --- tycho-eclipserun-plugin:2.1.0-SNAPSHOT:eclipse-run (default) @ org.eclipse.jdt.core ---
[ERROR] The following artifacts could not be downloaded: 
[ERROR]   osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.jdt.core,3.24.0.v20201112-0918
[ERROR]   osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.pde.api.tools,1.2.100.v20201112-0408
[ERROR]   osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.pde.core,3.14.100.v20201112-0616

The way I build (mvn package) the projects is through the command "mvn -P build-individual-bundles package -o". I used the
Oomph installer to create a development environment and then use the command ("mvn -P build-individual-bundles package -o") to build the project after doing the modifications.

I believe this error is a fundamental error. Since I am new to JDT Core developments, I can not figure out the RCA. Does anybody have an idea about this error?
Re: Error when "mvn package" the JDT Core component [message #1836970 is a reply to message #1834633] Wed, 20 January 2021 11:59 Go to previous message
Mark Smith is currently offline Mark SmithFriend
Please check this one
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4262186/missing-maven-dependencies-in-eclipse-project
Previous Topic:Using latest Eclipse for Java with Java 8
Next Topic:Annotation processing type element look-up problem with Java 9 or later
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:17:06 GMT 2024